BAK CHOR MEE
- 50g yumeat™ Plant-Based Minced Meat
- 45g rehydrated shiitake mushrooms
- 5g spring onion
- 70g fresh mee pok noodles
Braising sauce for shiitake mushrooms:
- 6g dark soya sauce
- 4g light soya sauce
- 2g black vinegar
- 10g brown sugar
- 250g mushroom water (retained from soaking mushrooms)
- 200g water
- 12g black vinegar
- 7g light soya sauce
- 9g ketchup / vegetarian sambal
- 5g sesame oil
- 0.05g pepper
- Drain the packet of plant-based minced meat. Keep the drained oil which is canola oil for cooking later.
- In a pot, add the braising sauce and shiitake mushrooms together. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes or until the sauce has evaporated. Add the plant-based minced meat any time during the simmering process. Then set aside.
- Mix the noodle sauce ingredients together then set aside. Blanch mee pok noodles for 45 seconds in boiling water. Drain the noodle and toss together with the noodle sauce in a bowl.
- Place the braised shiitake mushrooms and plant-based minced meat on top of the noodle. Garnish with spring onion and serve.