Plant-Based Luncheon Alfredo (by Chef Anis)
- 100g yumeat™ Plant-Based Luncheon, cut into small cubes
- 230g boiled spaghetti
- 100g cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight
- 30g garlic, chopped
- 50g yellow onion, chopped
- 250ml vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshsly ground black pepper
- 50g shimeji mushroom, mycelia (roots removed)
- 250ml pasta water
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add salt and spaghetti once reached boiling point.
- Boil for 9 mins and separate cooked spaghetti and pasta water to set aside.
- Heat a pan with a bit olive oil to saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth and soaked cashew nuts to boil. Add 1 tsp of sea salt and 1 tsp of black pepper when boiling.
- Turn off heat and pour everything into high speed blender/food processor. Add nutritional yeast and blend till smooth.
- Heat another pan and add a bit of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add cubed yumeat™ Plant-Based Luncheon and fry until golden brown then remove from pan.
- Using the same pan, add shimeji mushroom and saute until nice and soft.
- Add boiled pasta and the pasta water into the pan to mix. Then add vegan alfredo sauce, mix well.
- Add yumeat™ Plant-Based Luncheon and toss everything together.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle chopped Italian parsley and spring onion before serving.
- Top off with a bit of extra virgin oil, salt and pepper to taste.