Plant-Based Luncheon Bahn Mi (by Chef Anis)
- 50g daikon, jullienne
- 30g carrot, jullienne
- 60ml vinegar
- 40ml cold water
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- 2 Vietnamese baguette
- 80g yumeat™ Plant-Based Luncheon, thinly sliced
- 80g yumeat™ Plant-Based Spicy Luncheon, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1½ tbsp crispy garlic chilli oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander
- Vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, add vinegar, cold water and sugar and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Add daikon and carrot to pickle. The cover bowl with cling wrap and chill until ready to use.
- Slice baguette in the middle (horizontally), open it up and drizzle a bit on top and grill over medium heat until golden brown to set aside.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over sliced yumeat™ Plant-Based Luncheon and drizzle sesame oil. Evenly spread the mix with your hand.
- Heat a bit of oil on a non-stick pan and grill yumeat™ Plant-Based Luncheon for about 1-2 mins each side until golden brown then set aside.
- Prepare dressing in a new mixing bowl, add vegan mayonnaise, hoisin sauce and crispy garlic chlli oil and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the dressing over the bread and add grilled yumeat™ Plant-Based Luncheon on top.
- Add pickled vegetables, sliced onion, sliced cucumber and top it off with fresh coriander leaves.
- Close the sandwich and serve immediately.